Monday, December 8, 2008

Park Fun

I kept promising Scott that I would take him to the park and never got around to it, so we went yesterday. Harry was busy with Sea Of Lies, so it was just me and the boys.
Scott had a blast and ran around all over the place as usual. Tyler hasn't been to the park very much and the times we have taken him, he hasn't been interested in doing anything because of the fear of strangers phase. This time I made Ty walk around a bit. I took him up the ramp and he was unsure of that, wouldn't let go of my hand. He doesn't like to hold hands, so of course I was thrilled that he let me hold his, but sad that it was due to him being unsure of the park. I went down a 2 ft. slide with him and he didn't like it. I tried it a few more times and he seemed sorta okay, so I decided it was time for him to try the 2 ft slide by himself. I set him down and held his hands and he still didn't like it. Oh well, on to the swing. He didn't like that either. He wouldn't hold on to the side bars on it and kept flopping forward and back and crying. I finally gave up on that. Then I just stood him up and said "where you wanna go?" so I followed him around as he paced back and forth. Then he spotted those animals on springs(you know where you sit on it and can lean forward and back to make it rock). He chose a motorcycle one.
As you can see, he didn't seem to mind this as much. Then he actually was having some fun! I was so proud! He did NOT want to leave the motorcycle thing, but I did want to show him that there are other things that are fun too. I took him over to the slide again and had Scott show him how much fun it was. Ty was more comfortable around it and thought it was okay so long as mommy rode too. I love that Ty has a big brother! Scott is always so willing to show and teach Tyler and I'm so glad Ty gets to have that experience!

After that, we decided to try the see saw. It isn't the normal kind like they had back in my day.
They are on springs and kinda jiggle around a bit. I sat on it and had Ty in my lap while Scott sat on the other side. Scott had a really good time and of course had to show off. I then put Ty on it by himself and held him around the waist to make sure he didn't fall off and to also give him that extra secure feeling. He really had fun so long as mommy stayed real close. We only stayed for about an hour because it got windy and cold and I hadn't brought jackets. We will go again next weekend. It is good because it gives Harry some alone time to play guitar or whatever and it gives me and the boys lots of fun time together. I just need to be better at sticking with my commitments.

2 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

What a neat, big park that is!!! Those pictures are precious! I'm so glad he warmed up to the park and had fun!!! :)

Wendy M. said...

Oh yeah, I love that park! Durring the summer it has sprinkler type stuff! :)